We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant dress code

Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
restaurant dress code

My fiance and I will be honeymooning at the Paradisus Playa Conchal resort in a couple of weeks. I saw "dress code" mentioned on a website for some of the restaurants at the resort. Anyone know what the dress code is? Tie? Dress? It will help tons if we know what we'll need to pack.

Thanks!

milwaukee, wisconsin
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant dress code

We were there in February of this year so I can give you some current info on this subject. "Dress code" to us meant pants and a collar shirt for men and a casual dress, sun dress or pants for women. Now this applys to the resturants that you have to make a reservation for. The buffet resturant did not have that type of dress code. We ate in the buffet several times and I wore Docker shorts and tropical type button shirts. My girlfriend wore sun dresses, etc. This is what everyone else has on as well. Never did I see formal dress clothes. I did however see some guys with a tie and sport coat, but this was not common. I did not bring a tie and even if I did I would not have worn it. It is very warm in Costa Rica as well as this is a vacation, who wants to get all dressed up every night. Breakfast and lunch are very laid back, swim suits, shorts, cover-ups and tee shirts. Hope this helps. Have a great time!

Suwanee, GA
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant dress code

Brokenhip,

My fiance and I will be honeymooning at PPC at the same time as you. Maybe we will run into each other. I am not bringing a tie or coat at this point.

Best of Luck!

Lake Elsinore...
Level Contributor
90 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant dress code

We have stayed at several 5 star AI's in the Mexican Caribbean and dress code was no big deal. We are from Southern California and trust me there is no way my husband would wear coats or tie's on a tropical vacation. We would not stay at a Hotel that requires this in Central America as we are not the conservative type. He usually brings a pair of Khaki pants and some botton down short sleeve shirts (Hawaiian & Guabera etc.). He wears them with leather Man Sandals for the reservations only restaurants. At the buffets you can wear shorts no problem. No worries and have a great vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Conchal