We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

Saskatoon, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

Hi, my wife and I are flying into SJO on Wed evening (feb 26) and will make our way to the Nicoya Peninsula by the weekend and will be in the region until mid March. We have not made hotel reservations but based on a little reading we would like to stay in Montezuma, Santa Teresa or Malpais. Can we roll in and find accommodations easily. All we need are a clean bed, a bathroom and reliable wifi. Given the forecast, a pool would also be desireable. We could book in advance (if you can call it that at this juncture) but I prefer to scope things out in person and then decide. Thanks for the help.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

If you are not picky, then you can probably find a place. Make a short list of possible lodging in the area(s) so that you are not driving all over hell and back to find a place to stay. Then, just start going down your list.

Saskatoon, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

Thanks. We are doing just that. I realize it is high season but am I correct in assuming that by March it is slowing slightly from peak season? Thanks again

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

No March is every bit as crowded as February in most spots. I think it would be wise to book a one-night stay in Montezuma and then check out options. If you just show up and want reliable wifi and a pool you will find that you have very limited options that meet that criteria and they may already be booked.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

In fact, there are more international arrivals by air in March than any other month of the year. It goes like this: March, January, February, July, April, June, December......... in order of the number of arrivals each month.

5. Re: Need to reserve hotel in early to mid March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 27, 2015