We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

ny
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

Feb 12, 2012, 7:00 PM

I am staying in the Manuel Antonio area in March. We are then going to Punta Islita Hotel. Has anyone driven to there? How long and was it an easy drive. Has anyone hired a driver? If so, how was that and did you stop on the way.

Thank you

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

I have not driven between those two destinations specifically, but live in Nosara and have been to both many times. I would say it's going to be a 5+ hour drive, but in March, not a hard one as far as road conditions, but the signage can be just a little confusing between Nicoya and Punta Islita, so in this one case I would suggest a GPS in your car. I usually don't suggest GPS, as I don't think they are necessary, but in this case, I would say it's a good idea. Have not hired a driver between the two so won't comment on that, but will say that getting to Punta Islita is worth it, however you get there!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

You can get a good idea of drive times and directions with this interactive map - yourtravelmap.com/costarica/… according to it your looking at around 6 hours.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

It is a good 7 hour drive from Manuel Antonio to Punta Islita. Punta Islita is an awsome property worth the trip, however if you can I would suggest to fly there instead of driving. Check with Nature air for scheduled domestic flights

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

NIce ride...that is a nice ride...

From MA all the way pass Caldera into Pan Am Hwy...about 2 hours...once in Pan Am Hwy...drive all the way to Limonal...about 1 hour...maybe nice to stop at El Caballo Blanco...great food...the best fruit juices...in Limonal...take the AMISTAD BRIDGE...all the way to the other end..about 45 minutes ride...and from there take the road to Hojancha...and follow signs to Punta Ilsita...about another hour...total about 5 hours...

Of course better for you to have a good map and or a GPS...and always ask locals on the way...I drive for living in my country and I drove many people to Punta Islita...and that is what about it take me...

Also nice to follow Allylam advice she lives in the area...and she really knows the drive!

roadadisor

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
28 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

If you are interested in hiring a driver, I have worked with Daniel Garcia for many years. My small groups always love him. I'll be there with another group February 18-25. Let me know if I can help.

- Tread Light Adventurer

"Daniel García" <danielgarciaq1419@hotmail.com>

From US dial:

Cell: 011-506-8-846-8570

Home: 011-506-2-487-5075 (His wife speaks no English, his daughter Gabi speaks English and French)

ny
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

Thank you for all your replies

7. Re: Manuel Antonio to Punta islita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:14 pm, June 07, 2013