We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

We are going to the grand in 6 weeks for our honeymoon and have booked a deluxe ocean view room with balcony but can anyone suggest the best block in the complex? Or maybe post pictures from your room so we can choose the best?

We really don't mind walking uphill as we are active people so if the best view is at the top then that's fine but we don't just want to request the top block if the rooms aren't as nice...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

#1 best for me but check others opinion on TA

hotel reviews...

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Did you book Royal Service? The view is across the bay with beautiful sunsets and sunrises. We were in block 6. Because those rooms are the nicest and have great little patios. Use bug spray when you sit outside. Here is a link to our photo's from last year. picasaweb.google/jen101001/costarica2007

Jennifer

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

We haven't booked the royal service as the deluxe rooms look so great anyway but is it worth requesting it when we get there?

Unfortunately your link doesn't work Jennifer...

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

With the Royal service you have access to the private lounge. There is a pool table, t.v., premium bar service, and food service. I don't know about upgrading once you get there. If you PM me your e mail, I will send you the link to photo's. Don't know why it didn't work?

Jennifer

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Hi Jennifer

My husband and I are going to the Grand next week. We have book the Royal club. I'd love to see your photos and hear what you thought of the service, room etc.

Thanks, Di

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

If you click on my name you can read my review. Pictures are at picasaweb.google.com/jen101001/costarica2007

We were going back this summer but plans changed. Thinking and dreaming of next year. Be sure to get out and see the country, it is beautiful. The people are all so gracious. Our Vargas guides were great showing us around and telling us about their wonderful country. Have a great trip and be sure to post a review for all of us who are only dreaming.

Jennifer

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Hi Jennifer

Your pictures are wonderful... its made me even more excited! I'm counting the days!!!

We're doing the 7 day Grand Tour of Costa Rica with First Choice for the first week and then spending the second week at the Grand.

Di

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Di,

Be sure to do some snorkeling across the bay near the 4 seasons. Have fun and enjoy CR.

J

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Hi J

Will do, thanks for the advice...

I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time...

Di

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best block at the Occidental Grand Papagayo

Thanks to Papagayo for posting this on one of my other posts.

Its a plan of the blocks at the Grand

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/LAD_VXL/wedding/grandmap.jpg[/IMG]

It is actually laid out very differently to how i imagined.