We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving distance from Marbella

Cadillac, Michigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Driving distance from Marbella

I will be staying near Playa Azul - Marbella on the North Pacific Coast.

We plan to rent a vehicle - is it feasable to do day trips to other areas of the island (volcano, hot springs, coffee farm, etc)? I am not sure how long it takes to drive to certain areas - and how the roads will be.

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving distance from Marbella

It might be a good idea to get a guide book...

By the way, the island you are visiting stretches all the way from its northernmost point, Murchison Promontory on Boothia Peninsula, Nunavut, Canada to its southernmost point, Cape Froward, Chile. There's quite a bit to explore.

On a more constructive note, it is feasible to do day trips to Rincon de la Vieja (Vocano, hotsprings, etc). Coffee is not really grown in Guanacaste with the exception of the Diria plantation near Nicoya. I do not know if they offer tours, though.

All the "big" sights, such as Arenal, will be too far away.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving distance from Marbella

you are really into an out-of-the way spot. perhaps this link will help:

servicecarrental.com/costarica_distances.htm

in any event, I'd get a 4 x 4 for most travels in this region, especially in the rainy season.

3. Re: Driving distance from Marbella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 am, October 04, 2009