We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any sun in July in Papagayo?

Yorkshire
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any sun in July in Papagayo?

We've found a good last-minute deal for the Papagayo area, but are concerned about the weather in July. We don't mind rain if there is also some sunshine the same day. If it is overcast all the time, it can feel gloomy. Does anyone know?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any sun in July in Papagayo?

Almost every year, July shows it's nice side by surprising Costa Rica with what is known as "mini summer." During these few weeks, rains seem to stop entirely and the sun is out pretty much all the time. Of course, there is no guarantee but the last four years have certainly adhered to this little rule.

Even if this year were to be an exception, it generally does NOT rain all day. More likely than not, you will experience blue skies in the morning and a few rainshowers in the afternoon and early evening. On rare occasions, it might also rain all day...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,184 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any sun in July in Papagayo?

Since I was a kid...we enjoy the Little Summer of San Juan...according to some weather reports...that weather factor may not show up this year...but still July a nice month with some great sunny mornings and some great sunsets...just come and enjoy our July month..about 4 million people will be here waiting for you!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Lichfield, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any sun in July in Papagayo?

I hope the weather will be okay - I'm there from July 9!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any sun in July in Papagayo?

Hey, you are in Costa RIca. It is tropical, there will be some rain. I am going with the attitude, we'll make the best of what we get. The people are wonderful, the scenary sublime, and the time away from home and work what more can be said. CHILL, PURA VIDA!

5. Re: Any sun in July in Papagayo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, September 04, 2009