We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tica bus stops

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
tica bus stops

Hello. Does anyone know where the cross border busses, such as Tica Bus stop in Liberia? We'll be coming from Nicaragua. Would like to make our way into the central part of town to look for a hotel for the night before going to the airport the next am. I take it the center of town would offer the most selection of $50 range. Suggestions welcome!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tica bus stops

The Tica Bus stops on Rt 1, just past the traffic light at the intersection of Rt 1 and Rt 21, the highway that goes to the airport.

You can walk across the highway and stay at Hotel El Bramadero which is very comfortable with an excellent restaurant. It's about 20 minutes or so to the airport from there by taxi.

You can also take a taxi to one of the hotels near the airport: Hotel Santa Ana (basic) or Hotel Rincon del Llano (nicer and has a pool).

victoria
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tica bus stops

Thanks, yes I've sent an e-mail to Rincon del Llano. You suggested that place before, however, there is something wrong with their website. One of those two by the airport sounds like the best option. Any idea what kind of cab fare I'm looking at to those hotels?

Cheers

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tica bus stops

Probably $15-$20 for a taxi. You can also walk across the street towards the KFC/Burger King (sorry.....) and wait at that bus stop. Buses going to the beaches pick up passengers here and you can just tell the driver to let you off at one of those hotels. Probably cost $2-$3.

Yeah, I noticed that there's a problem with the website for Rincon del Llano. You can book it here: despegar.co.cr/hoteles/…

Edited: 12:02 pm, December 30, 2013
victoria
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tica bus stops

Thanks, however, I have reason to believe that that website is not working either. It says that there are no rooms available. I then tried some random dates into March and every time it says that I can't book a single room for one night, mid week. That does not make sense to me.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tica bus stops

I don't know what's going on there! Maybe some big changes at the hotel or ??

So El Bramadero or Hotel Santa Ana or Best Western Las Espuelas is what I would recommend. I've seen another one while driving by - Casa Antigua - but I can't find anyplace on the internet to make a booking.

Of course, there are other choices - but these are the closest ones.

6. Re: tica bus stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 01, 2015