We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended lodging

Weeki Wachee...
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended lodging

Can anyone suggest a great beach and/or jungle resort where we can fly into Liberia rather than San Jose?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended lodging

There are probably hundreds!

Flying into Liberia LIR, you will be closer to beaches than SJO. Both Playas del Coco and Playa Hermosa are about 20-30 minutes from the airport. From either of these or many of the other northern Pacific beaches, you will be less than two hours from volcanoes, hot springs, rainforests, rafting, hiking and anything else you are looking for.

Some other beach areas: Playas Potrero, Flamingo, Brasilito and Conchal - all very close to each other along the same road.

Further south, great beach areas but less accessible to many day trips: Nosara and Samara.

Here is a great resource for beaches: anywherecostarica.com/destinations/…beach Look for ones that say "Guanacaste" and check the mileage from Liberia.

Narrow down the choices and we will be able to help you with lodging recommendations. That website also has some lodging listed.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended lodging

Like Hattie said, there are endless options. My first question would be......what kind of nightly budget are you looking at spending? Are you looking for "nice" or "drop dead amazing"?

Weeki Wachee...
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended lodging

DD Amazing!!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended lodging

bobkat: I used to live in Cedar Key so I'll be happy to help you anyway I can. I've lived in Costa Rica now for more than 12 years and spend a lot of time in the northwest of the country. Lots to choose from - but - you need to narrow things down a bit in order to get good recommendations.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended lodging

Ok Bobkat.....my pick for "Drop Dead Amazing" with a jungle/lush feel is http://www.thespringscostarica.com/

We stayed there a couple years ago and still talk about it constantly. We'll be heading back this December.

For something out at the beaches, I'll suggest a few places for you to consider that I personally like.

Resort: http://www.fourseasons.com/costarica/

Private Condo: rpmvacationrentals.com/tamarindo-gallery/…

Like I said, we're heading down on May 24th and splitting our trip with 4 nights at the Four Seasons and 4 nights in the Private Condo. The condo has great rates. The 4S, while pricey, you can catch one of their specials with a "4th night free" and a nightly food and beverage credit.

If you don't like those, I have other suggestions too. Every traveler is different so what floats my boat might not float yours. LOL

6. Re: Recommended lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 15, 2014