We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san salvador layover

winters ca.
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
san salvador layover

can anybody tell me what to expect at the San Salvador airport ,whether a 5 hr. layover could be a nightmare,, or opportunity to leave the airport to sight see,or to stay in the airport ,,,thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san salvador layover

It would be just easier to stay in the airport. I have transited through there a few times and it's a nice airport. Lots of shops!

The good thing is -- unless you leave the airport, you don't have to go through any passport control or customs or security. You just get off one flight, wander around, and go to the gate for your next flight.

I can't help you with what to do if you leave the airport. You should probably ask this question in the San Salvador forum.

montreal
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: san salvador layover

there isnt much to see outside of comalapa airport. the nearest shops and what not are at least 30-1hr ride away. It's better if you just stay in the airport.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san salvador layover

Airport is pleasant enough, more duty free shops than quality restaurants though.

No customs or immigration to clear, so it's headache free.

4. Re: san salvador layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 13, 2014