We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

Has anyone stayed at this resort and done an excursion to Nicaragua. Or if anyone is interested in doing this excursion perhaps we could find a tour operator to take us. Most of the ones I have contacted require 4 people minimum and I am travelling solo.

Welland Ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

yes nice place.. its set on a hill.. we would walk down and take the bus up.. monkeys on the beach some morning.. i dont know about nicaraqua as some people say safe and some say its not. so we didn t go.. but there it excusions u can book at the allegro resort. i recament the zip line tour at arnial.. was awsome..

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

I don't recommend the excursion to Nicaragua - unless you are staying overnight. It's just too far to go in one day and you won't really get a chance to see much of Nicaragua. Sometimes it's tricky at the border - you never really know just how long it will take to get through.

If you are in Costa Rica for only one week, I can guarantee that you will find PLENTY to do without going to Nicaragua.

Would you like me to list "Ten Things to Do From the Allergro Papagayo?"

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

thanks for your response. Done Zip lining in Jamica and Honduras supposed to be better in Costa Rica and looking forward to it.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

top 10 things would be great. I am leaving on Monday morning

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

Ok - here goes:

1. Do the One Day Adventure Pass at Guachipelin. www.guachipelin.com

2. Visit Rincon de la Vieja National Park for hiking, volcano, waterfalls, hot springs, mud pots, etc.

3. Go horseback riding, fishing or boating (is that 3-in-1?)

4. Visit Santa Rosa National Park and see the old farmstead known as "La Casona" - now a museum - it figures prominently in Costa Rican history. There are several nearby trails to choose from and one longish trail ends at a deserted beach.

5. Take the boat trip through Palo Verde National Park. www.paloverdeboattours.com

6. Take the boat to Witch's Rock for surfing or just visiting a beautiful beach.

7. Visit the town of Guatil where you can see authentic Chorotega pottery being made.

8. Head to the Tenorio National Park for the hike to the Rio Celeste.

9. Go to Llanos del Cortes waterfall. Huge waterfall with small swimming area. There are often monkeys in the trees overhead.

10. Visit Las Pumas Wildlife Rescue Center in Canas where you can see all sorts of animals, including big cats.

Extra: Arrange a sailing trip with the Sea Bird out of Playas del Coco. Snorkeling or just a quiet sunset cruise.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

thank a bunch Hattie. They all look good

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

Nicaragua is to far away for 1 day,

the border ......... third world ......

there is plenty to do in Costa Rica

8. Re: allegro papagayo from Feb 11-1813

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 10, 2014