We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
6 posts
Save Topic
Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

I will be arriving in Liberia on July 18 and staying in Costa Rica for 3 weeks. I was wanting to celebrate in the Annexation of Guanacaste festivities, but I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard that it's a two week long celebration with lots of activity on the weekends. Is there a schedule of activities? Is it necessary for me to stay in Liberia area until the 25th or will I have seen enough to appreciate the celebrations if I leave the area on the Sunday, the 22nd or the 23rd? Also, where are best places to see activities and how do I get there? I haven't made sleeping arrangements yet, but I was considering Tamarindo and taking shuttle or bus in, or staying at a B&B near Liberia center. Any suggestions?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

The main day is July 25th...but most little towns will have some kind of rodeo...or as we natives call FIESTAS...the biggest is around Liberia the capital city of Guanacaste province!

Uyuyuy Bajura!

roadadvisor

New Orleans...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

Thank you roadadvisor!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

You are welcome...please enjoy the 25th as we natives do!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

There are some parades also

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

Thank you joseb...great time to see some great horses at some local topes!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

vk-nola I see you are arriving today so maybe this is a little late, but here is an article with some formation insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2012/july/18/c…

7. Re: Annexation of Guanacaste, what to expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 20, 2013