We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

Hello TA!

I am looking for your advice... we have made reservations at the Samara Tree House Inn for 4 nights...

but im thinking I should cancel the last night there and head on closer to Liberia Airport and spend the last night near by (playa coco, etc)

My flight leaves at 11:25am, and im going in July, so being the rainy season, I feel I should be more cautious...

What do you think?

or should I stay in Samara, and leave about 6am? with a private shuttle?

Thanks!!

Yesi

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

July really is not that bad in Samara weather wise. If you are okay with leaving at 6 - 6:30, then you will make it to the airport on time.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

You're fine. If you were leaving from SJO, you'd have to leave really, really early. From Samara to LIR will take no more than two hours and it is very rare for any landslides to disrupt the road between Samara and Nicoya. Even if, there are a few detours available.

Likewise, it is unlikely that you would encounter any flooding north of Santa Cruz - which does happen occasionally, but not in July.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

Thanks to both! You put me more at ease... I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of switching hotels.

Thanks again!!

Yesi

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

Have you considered Staying at the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano area. That way you can see both ocean and mountain. The volcano is active and has a lot to show visitors. Plus it is not far from the airport, around 40 kilometers or 40 minutes driving.

5. Re: 11:25AM Flight... Coming from Samara... what to do? Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 23, 2013