We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memo Adventures Costa Rica

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Memo Adventures Costa Rica

My sister and her friends just got back from Costa Rica and the Tamarindo area. They flew into Liberia Airport. Based on recommendations I read about, they used Memo Adventures and Guillermo Espinoza - http://www.memo-adventures.com/ - for their transfers to/from the airport and for a couple of their excursions. They did the all day trip and one other trip. I HIGHLY recommend Guillermo's company for your transfers and tours. My sister said that he was absolutely wonderful to them. One of their group has a harder time walking and he aided her constantly getting in/out fo the vehicle, walking to the waterfalls, etc. He gave them great insights into the country and explained everything to them. Always on time, great service and everything they could have expected and more. Do not hesitate to use him for your travels. He is extremely responsive to emails, answering usually within the same day or next.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memo Adventures Costa Rica

Thanks for letting us know. It's great to find someone who did just a good job for her.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memo Adventures Costa Rica

I was impressed with him before they even went because he was so responsive to emails. And then he emailed me to let me know he was all set to pick them up at the airport, and my sis said he was just fantastic on the transfer and both tours they took with him. Can't ask for more than that. So I was very happy that they enjoyed him so much.

Manchester, U.K.
Level Contributor
116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memo Adventures Costa Rica

After a lot of thought we decided to go ahead and do a day trip to Nicaragua.

We booked this as a private trip for the two of us with 'Memo Adventures' online before we left home. This is without doubt the way to do this trip as a lot of time is saved. We set off early ( 5.30AM ) for the 2 hour drive to the border. We then left the vehicle and walked across into Nicaragua through various checkpoints with our guide Freddy and met a driver and car on the Nicaraguan side. Including the 1 km walk this took about 45 minutes as we breezed past coach tours waiting to cross. After this we stopped for breakfast near Lake Nicaragua, witnessed an annual pilgrimage of hundreds of Ox carts passing through a small town en route to a volcanic crater lake, the active Masaya volcano and Masaya town. After that we visited the colonial cities of Managua and Granada where we looked around the old Market then had an inclusive lunch in a beautiful Spanish colonial style hotel. This was followed by a walk around the very picturesque city square.The return over the border was less than 20 minutes as it was quieter and our driver was able to get us closer to the checkpoint.Again we saw larger tour groups waiting around. We picked up the original vehicle and were back at the Westin Playa Conchal at 7.30PM in time for dinner.

Our guide Freddy had obviously done the trip many times, was very knowledgeable and had a very likeable manner and a good relationships with the local people we encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. We stopped whenever we asked to take a photo and at no time felt we were being rushed to the next venue.

We also took a private transfer with this company from the Westin Playa Conchal to La Fortuna and were equally satisfied. Our driver Javier gave us lots of insight into life in Costa Rica as well as pulling over when he spotted wildlife and photo oportunities. His driving ability made us feel very safe and relaxed which would appear to be a novelty on Costa Rican roads. All the arrangements were based on trust and no deposit was asked of us and both guides were right on time and arrived when theysaid they would.

I will not hesitate to use Memo Adventures when I return to Costa Rica for another visit.

MF5

Edited: 5:09 pm, March 27, 2013
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memo Adventures Costa Rica

Thanks Ive checked out his page and think I am very apt to look into his tour options. :)

5. Re: Memo Adventures Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014