We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early AM Liberia Flight

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Early AM Liberia Flight

Hello,

We're on a 7am flight out of Liberia. What do you think is the best option in terms of lodging the night before? What time should we arrive at the airport? We were thinking of turning our rental car in the evening before to free up some time. But, we want to make sure we have reliable transportation to the airport in the AM. Thanks for your help.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early AM Liberia Flight

Transportaion can be arranged at the hotel you are staying at and returning the car the night before is a great idea. I would be at the airport at least 2 hrs in advance although most flights leave at 8am. You can stay in Liberia but for the difference in 15 minutes in driving time I would stay in Playa Hermosa. The sun is now setting directly on the water and what better way to end a vacation than with a cocktail on the beach at sunset. There are a number of beach front hotels moderately priced.

El Velero, Playa Hermosa Inn.

Lac du Bonnet...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early AM Liberia Flight

You know how all airlines say to check in at 2 least hours prior to departure.

They are not kidding at this airport.

The airport does not have x-rays for baggage, so expect your bags to be searched by hand. You will also need to line up to pay the departure fee, I believe it was $26 US, you need your passports for this line, but only one person has to do. So if you can split up, go for it.

Then you must clear screening which was another line up.

Another suggestion, is to get a box breakfast from your hotel if possible. There are food counters in the airport, but they were running out of food.

At least you will be there early in the morning before it gets to hot.

Hope this helps!

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early AM Liberia Flight

The roads are in bad shape now and I wouldn't plan on any drive from the beach for an early AM flight. Two hotels nearest the airport (10 min) are Best Western El Sitio and Hotel Boyeros, both are at or near the intersection of the airport road (Rt 21) and Rt 1.

http://www.hotelboyeros.com/

…bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do…