We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auto rental

Western Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Auto rental

Comments good/bad for car rental companies with reasons please.

I am looking for use around Liberia and the coastal beaches.

Thanks Woodie

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Auto rental

we had a good experience with Dollar rent-a-car at Liberia, low prices, good customer service and no hidden or unexpected costs. I would rent from them again in a hearbeat.

Quitman, Texas
Level Contributor
142 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Auto rental

We rented a small 4WD from U-Save for a month in February/March. Although the car had almost 40,000 km on it and had several scuffs on the body (probably from previous renters' adventures on CR's notoriously bad roads), it served us dependably for our time in Costa Rica. The rental agent and staff were very efficient and courteous, and our total cost was still far below the pre-trip quotes we received from other agencies. We have used other agencies during previous trips, but we would rent from U-Save again.

Vermont
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Auto rental

I recommend avoiding booking on line with Auto Europe. I did so for a SUV to be picked up in Liberia and was told that my reservation was "confirmed" after my payment was received. Two days later, I received an email saying that all cars were sold out and they could no long "confirm" my reservation. When I sent them the email verifying my "confirmed" reservation, they said they were sorry for any "inconvenience" they might have caused me... If you book with them, I'd have a back up plan....

24. Re: Auto rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, June 20, 2013