We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
4 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Anyone recommend a transportation service or shuttle from the Liberia Airport. My husband and I are traveling with our two daughters.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

www.tucanlimoservices.com

or

liberiacostaricainfo.com/Transportation.htm

www.mapache.com car rental cheapest for freedom economy

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
158 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Another suggestion, have the resort you are staying at arrange for your transfer. They have an interest in making sure your transfer is smooth.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Thank you QWOVADIS...

It is a bout 4 to 4 and half hours transfer...nice road most of the way some great views...

roadadvisor

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

We stayed at Nayara in February. The hotel set us up with a private driver who was fantastic. His name was Ronald Acuna and he picked us up outside of customs at the airport in San Jose and drove us to the hotel. It felt more like a tour than just transportation to the hotel. Loved the ride and Ronald was a class act. I think the total cost for my wife and I was $120 for the two of us but I think the price would be the same for up to about six people. If you are interested, just email Nayara and they will hook you up. Have fun!!

Edited: 9:54 pm, June 24, 2010
tampa
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

My wife and I made this same trip 2 months ago and used Odyssey Tours (as a recommendation) and they are tremendous! Alvaro and Diego took their time, showed us plenty of flora and fauna and didn't mind stopping so we could take pictures, they could take our pictures or point out toucans, magpie jays, howler monkeys, etc.... Basically our schedule was their schedule and never once felt rushed. Very comfortable van with A/C, excellent service, priced very well. I would also recommend that you ask them to stop at Llanos de Cortes waterfall which was fabulous and the highlight of our trip (costs about $6 to get in as a local school donation and there is also a vendor selling coconut water - in the coconut they slice open - as well at the top of the entrance down to the lower falls). An absolute must see! Their contact and followup is great, they communicate very well, very courteous, good English and "all about making your trip enjoyable". You can reach them at odysseytours@gmail.com and see their website at odysseytourscr.com. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Nayara hotel offers the best rates. Contact them and they have great, english speaking private driver!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Papagayo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

I was comparing prices in many other transportation sites and I found this company www.airporttransfercostarica.com they have the lowest rates in town.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

I don't know anything about this company but their website has a really nice feature that tells you the distance between various points such as the SJO airport and Playa Hermosa, etc.

NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

How long a trip is it? We have 2 teenage daughters- did you like hotel?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from Liberia airport to Arenal(Nayara Resort)

Can be done in about 3 and half hours...even less...nice road all the way!

You can check distances at...www.roadadvisor.co

roadadvisor