We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near Liberia

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near Liberia

What is the nicest beach area near Liberia (w/in a 2 hour drive)? I will be driving to Arenal and then would like to go to the beach and will be flying back home from Liberia.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near Liberia

The beach of Playa Grande is a mile-long crescent of fine...www.nicoyapeninsula.com/tamarindo/playagrande.html

www.playamontezuma.net further down nicer for swimming

www.ylangylangresort.com very nice

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near Liberia

I would recommend the Tamarindo/Playa Langosta/Playa Grande area. It is about an hour drive from Liberia. Are you looking for any special activities during your trip?

Playa Hermosa
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near Liberia

If you want a surfing beach go to the Playa Grande, Tamarindo area. About 1.5 hours from the airport.

If you want a swimming beach, go to Playa Hermosa. About 30 minutes from the airport.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
822 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach near Liberia

I personally like Playa Samara. The Treehouse Inn is the most relaxing place I've ever stayed!

5. Re: Beach near Liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 17, 2009