We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel tips for Costa Rica

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
travel tips for Costa Rica

my wife and i recently returned from an incredible vacation in costa rica! we did a particular type of trip and it's one that i would highly recommend. instead of our normal 'tropical' type vacation where we camp out at a high dollar resort and lounge by the pool with a paper umbrella in my drink - this trip was the complete opposite. we spent 1-2 nights in each location - did some exciting day trip/excursion in each and then moved on to another area. we spent time at the beach, in the mountains, by a lake, in a cloud forest, in the city, etc. we happened upon an unbelieveable tour company that handled all the arrangements including hotels, transportation, day trips, etc. our activities included exploring nature with private guides, canopy tours (zip lining above the rainforest), white water rafting, horseback riding, etc. every one of these trips was better than the next. if you have specific questions or would like me to turn you onto this tour company (a route i would highly recommend) just drop me a line at onehelluvaguy@hotmail.com. we loved our trip and that country so much that we're planning on moving there as soon as possible! such beauty you've never seen. nice people (who actually LOVE americans - a rarity these days), clean, safe, exciting, etc. i look forward to hearing from you all soon. take care and pura vida! scott

Baltimore
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

My boyfriend and I are on our way to costa rica on october 1st. the first part of our trip is planned and payed for by his company at playa conchal but for the second half i was interested in doing some adventuring also. a bungalo on the beach in a little village would be ideal and we really want to go see the volcano's and the hot springs. We don't have a place to stay yet, we were told we would have no problem getting a room, but I would appreciate any suggestions as I would feel more comfortable booking ahead of time. Thank you for your reccommendations in advance!

-G

San Diego
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Your trip sounds awesome. My girlfriend and I are heading down there in January but are only going to be able to stay for 5 days. From your description it sounds like your trip was a lot longer than that. What's your opinion of the best way to use our time and see the most of the country? Thanking you in advance.

Oreegon
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

HI Scott. I would love to know the tour company that you used and tell me which areas you and your wife visited. My family and I are going in December and we have never been to Costa Rica before. Any advice, info, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Gina

San Diego
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Scott - I think I'd like a copy of that report. Send it to stephenozborne@yahoo.com please. Thanks so much.

Baltimore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

I would love a copy of that report as well! Could you send it to garty79@aol.com? Thanks!

San Diego
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Hey brother! Thanks a lot for the report. I dropped you an email but haven't heard from you so I thought I'd chime in here as well. After reading about your trip I see that you didn't spend any time on the Caribbean side of the country. I've also found that there are very few posts about that side. Do you know something that I don't? Is there some kind of problem there? Killer mosquitos or something?

TB6
San Rafael
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Could you please send a copy of your Costa Rica tour report to TLTCB@aol.com. We are planning a trip for two families with teenage children and would love any insights you can offer.

Los angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Hi, I would love to get a copy of your trip report also. We are going November 1st - Nov 10th. Thanks a lot.

annoushkas@yahoo.com

Indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Please send a trip report to garrylee@bloomington.in.us. Thanks for sharing!

Medford, Or
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel tips for Costa Rica

Sounds like the kind of trip for us.

Please send your trip report here as well if you would?

Bluberi@aol.com

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about La Cruz