We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

Which Bagaces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

We just returned from a 10-day Caravan tour to Costa Rica. I can't begin to say how wonderful it was! Our tour director, Martha Seeyle was so amazing. She knew everything about the Costa Rican culture, every plant/tree and animal. Martha always had a smile and made each and everyone of us feel special. She voluntarily took several of us on a walk in Guanacaste at 6:00am! It was marvelous.

Toscano was our bus driver. Wow, wow, wow. The bus was immaculately clean every day. He took such pride in making sure that the inside and outside were sparkling. His driving was amazing too. Some of those Costa Rican roads are quite difficult to get around on -- I always felt safe with his driving skills.

We met so many nice people and have already made plans to meet with some of our new friends on future occasions.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour! You will love it! Ask for Martha to be your tour dircector and ask for Toscano to be your bus driver!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,873 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

Sounds like you had a blast. Caravan is a great company, thanks for letting folks know about the experience. Where did you go on the tour? What did you do? Let folks know a bit more info about your trip!

Cheers

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

We spent two nights in San Jose:

-Saw the Poas Volcano, then hiked the Escalonia Cloud Forest Trail

-visited Cafe Britt Coffee Plantation

We spent two nights in Tortuguero (my favorite place!)

-two river cruises and saw lots and lots of monkeys and exotic birds

We spent two nights in Fortuna

-stopped at a pineapple plantation along the way

-river cruise at Cano Negro - saw a strawberry-blonde howler monkey

(named Blondy) and her baby eating leaves right by the

river bank

-went to the hot springs at the Arenal Volcano

We spent two nights in Guanacaste

-stopped at the Hanging Bridges along the way: one of men on a trip

saw a wild boar!

-we had a free day at the marvelous J.W. Marriott - WOW!!!

On our way back to San Jose, we had another river cruise and saw so many crocodiles, scarlet macaws and other beautiful birds.

All meals were included (buffet-style). Each hotel was amazing. The hotel in Tortugeuro was more rustic, but this was my favorite experience of all.

3. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:22 am, January 31, 2013
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,464 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

Well done, gsspenguin. If you would only start with the report part first, and praises afterward. Believe me, not many are coming to a foreign country because of a fantastic driver (if not from Formula 1) or a ever smiling tour director (if not working also for Victoria Secret's).

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,873 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

Thanks for the details, sounds like you did a bit of everything and hit some highlights.

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

Hi, gsspenguin,

We don't usually do packaged trips, but are willing to try something new. How many people were on your bus? Did you feel rushed? Did you fee you got some glimmer of Costa Rican culture? Any suggestions for other things to do in CR?

may thanks

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

There were 40 people on our bus. I never felt rushed at all! Our tour guide had dual citizenship for the United States and Costa Rica. She provided so much cultural information and was more than willing to speak with us at any time. I loved Marta!!!! I'm not sure what you mean by a "packaged deal". The only thing that I would have liked was for some options for the evening.

Pittsburgh...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

What was the average age of the people on the trip? Appropriate for older teens? Did you spend alot of time waiting for others? Did you feel herded along with such a large group?

9. Re: Caravan tour to Costa Rica - BEST TRIP EVER!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 04, 2014