We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot springs hotels

fresno
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
hot springs hotels

I was wondering, since we want to spend the night in La Fortuna, would it be cheaper to just get a hotel with hot springs, or not the same kind of experience?

Also could anyone suggest a nice hotel (on the less expensive side).

Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot springs hotels

Your question makes a lot of sense...once you add up hot springs entrance fees make more sense to stay in a hotel with nice hot springs...check Tabacon...

Less expensive side next to a great Hot Springs...Silencio del Campo...they have a samll Hot Springs...but nice to visit Eco Termales at least one night!

roadadisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hot springs hotels

Hey,

Since you are posting this in the Bagaces section, I'm assuming you might be considering one of the resorts like "thermo-mania".... Although I personally like small "true Costa Rican" style resorts like this one, I'm not sure that they are a good match for everyone. RoadAdvisor gives some great suggestions, and I have found that, if you are looking to enjoy hotsprings, it is always nice (and quite economical) to stay in a resort and use the hotsprings for free!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot springs hotels

You can negotiate a good cash rate at Arenal Paraiso tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309226-d301652…

We stayed there a short time ago and paid $70US per nite, 2 people. As it is still green season you should be able to negotiate a good deal. Weekends might be tough. Included breakfast and access to the hot spring pools on site. A very nice experience. About a $12US taxi ride to La Fortuna, but then again, all hotels are spread out in the area.

Have a great holiday.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hot springs hotels

Hey Jamjar,

Just realized why you had posted this in the the Bagaces forum... If you throw "fortuna" into google maps, you get a few options... There is a small town, north-east of Bagaces called Fortuna. This isn't the fortuna that you want. Make sure that when you are planning your travels to head towards "La Fortuna de San Carlos"... That is the famous town close to the Arenal volcano.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hot springs hotels

I think you posted on the wrong forum since you say you are spending the night in La Fortuna, If you have never been, Tabacon Resort is a great way to go!

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hot springs hotels

Arenal Paraiso is a good mid range property, a step up would be Arenal Springs, they have built a nice little hot springs. Another property that won't break the bank that has hot springs is Los Lagos. In order of my favorites I would say Arenal Springs, Los Lagos and Arenal Paraiso. Any of these three hotels would work.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hot springs hotels

There are hotels in the Rincon de la Vieja volcano area that include in the hotel rate the admission to the hot springs. Rincon de la vieja is close to Liberia international airport.

Edited: 3:37 pm, August 05, 2012
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hot springs hotels

We really liked Los Lagos. Excellent views of the Volcano if it is a clear day and the hot springs and water slides were fun. Our kids actually preferred Los Lagos over Tabacon, go figure. They have a ton of stuff to do in this one place so it is perfect for one night. I really enjoyed the butterfly garden and frog farm (I think that is what they call it). The only down side is the food. The main restaurant is expensive and very rich food, but good. The "pool bar/restaurant" is cheaper but the food isn't that good. Get the basic room, they have a mini fridge and a better location IMO then the new and more expensive rooms.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hot springs hotels

If you are staying in the Bagaces Area you will be very close to Rincon de la Vieja Area, closer than Arenal, At rincón de la vieja you will find hotels with natural hot springs and with no fee to enter, nice hotels, and a lot less of a drive.

10. Re: hot springs hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, July 14, 2015