We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Help, This time for our adventures

cutesydq
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
More Help, This time for our adventures

My fiance and I will be honeymooning in early August and are wanting to do the following activities:

1) Hanging Bridges (hangingbridges.com)($34)

2) Sky Tram and Sky Trek, including zip lines (skytrek.com)($96)

3) The Horseback ride to the waterfall

(desafiocostarica.com)($90)

4)We also want to do some sort of thermal waters, but don't know where the better prices are?

I am still a student, my fiance isn't. The prices I listed above are for both of us. My question is are these good prices or should we wait till we get there to book all of our activities? I would imagine we could probably get better prices during the wet season, but I am not sure. We are also interested in during ALOT of hiking on our own. Part of the problem is that we won't have a rental car (too much risk). Last, but not least, we will probably be staying at the Lost Iguana. So I guess another question I have is if anyone knows how much it would cost to get into town form LI?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

Mentioned in this post
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
1,589 Reviews
Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

Would wait book to book tours there to save...

Baldi Hot Springs best prices hotels have discounts

www.lostiguanresort.com is far out

cabs will eat you up financially

Rent a car www.wild-rider.com or stay

closer in...www.royalcorin.com across from Baldi

nice for HM closer into town...

congrats,have fun,

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

Honestly, if you're looking to save some money and want to do hiking, I'd rent a car there and save some major $$ by staying at the Arenal Observatory Lodge, which has tons of hiking opportunities (complete with stunning views of forests, waterfalls, wildlife (everything from ocelots to toucans) and of course the best view of the volcano.

Renting a 4X4 there isn't a bad idea--cab rides are hideously expensive.

Hanging Bridges is worth the money--just make sure to go right at the opening so you don't run into the big obnoxious tour bus groups that scare all the wildlife away.

Do Ecotermales for dinner--you'll feel very good about the decision. Baldi is more of a loud party scene with egregiously overpriced food.

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa
Arenal Observatory Lodge...
2,175 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

We always stay at the Lost Iguana and love it. They have a free shuttle that goes into town during certain times of day that they'll let you use. It's used to shuttle employees back and forth, but they will let you tag along. LI has gorgeous grounds with lots of trails, a river, and lush landscaping. It's set a little outside of town, so very quiet and pretty. It's right by the lake and the Hanging Bridges. When we were there, they sold half price tickets to the Hanging Bridges at their front desk. We do a lot of tours, and they always pick us up and drop us off, so we never get a car.

Mentioned in this post
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
1,589 Reviews
Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

I meant to add the we did Eco Termales and loved it. They limit entry to 100 people and serve a really good chicken dinner that we loved. We've also done Tabacon, but Eco T was more our style.

cutesydq
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

I didn't know they had a shuttle!!! That is awesome! We had decided to rent a car, but if they have a shuttle then it doesn't sound like we need to!!! Yeahy!!! Neither one of us were really up for driving in a foreign country. So it sounds like we are probably better off waiting to get the tour, etc. Is that right? Or is it just better for hanging bridges, and the rest we should wait?

Thanks in advance!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,231 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

You can wait until you are here...some times you can get some great deals....

Lost Iguana is a great place...you can also check Arenal Nayara...Silencio del Campo..

From LI is about $15.00 each way...from Arenal Nayara or Silencio del Campo....about $5.00

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Mentioned in this post
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
1,589 Reviews
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

cute, we had them take us into town around dinnertime and would eat dinner there and then just have the restaurants call a taxi for us to come back. We paid between $12-17 based on how far we were going. I would check with them and make sure they still offer the shuttle, but we thought it was a great solution.

They also have a favorite taxi driver named Eduardo I believe that drove us around for a day. We had him take us to the waterfall, to the park/church, to dinner and then back to LI. We agreed on $50 beforehand. He was very nice. We kept trying to pay him at each stop, and he just kept saying we could just do it at the end. Don Rufino was our favorite restaurant in town.

Mentioned in this post
Don Rufino
Don Rufino
2,190 Reviews
8. Re: More Help, This time for our adventures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 17, 2010