We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose to Volcano Lodge

Which Bagaces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
3 posts
Save Topic
San Jose to Volcano Lodge

First of all thanks for all the La Fortuna and Manueal Antonio Restaurant rec's to everyone on this forum.

1 final request please.

We will be arriving in San Jose around 11:00am Saturday and have a private transfer to the Volcano Lodge near Arenal.

Can anyone recommend places to stop along the way (San Jose to La Fortuna) for pics, food or anything they think is a must see.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago on this forum but searched for and could not find.

Thanks again to all the wonderful people willing to help and make our trip special.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose to Volcano Lodge

The topiary garden in Zarcero central square is interesting as well as the adjacent Catholic church. Good photo opps.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose to Volcano Lodge

Coco Loco Gallery is on the road from San Jose to La Fortuna. Beautiful artwork - masks, pottery, wooden bowls and plates, black ceramic, paintings,

www.arenalbyowner.com/page/original-artwork

Paris, France
Level Contributor
562 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose to Volcano Lodge

I agree with Zarcero, and I am sure your driver will have other suggestions.

4. Re: San Jose to Volcano Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 25, 2009