We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay

usa
Level Contributor
88 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
places to stay

Does anybody know of places to stay, tabacon is sold out and most places seem booked for december end. Any suggestions?

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay

Here are two websites that list plenty of different places for you to contact.

www.arenal.net

www.cupotico.com/information_costa_rica.html

Arenal Volcano area
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay

When do you need rooms at Arenal Volcano area? Write the dates and maybe I can help you.

usa
Level Contributor
88 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay

december 28th checking out on the 31st. Tabacon or similar with volcano view.

Arenal Volcano area
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay

I found some rooms available. Can you write me at niquitas@hotmail.com

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay

Try Arenal Springs Resort Quite new, still building. Every unit has a great view of the volcano. Two pools, open air restaurant.

usa
Level Contributor
88 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to stay

do you have a number to the hotel. Cannot find it on the web. Only travel agents are available.

Arenal Volcano area
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to stay

They have a web site www.hotelarenalsprings.com the phone number is (506) 461 21 21

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to stay

Good that someone had the telephone number for Arenal Springs Resort. I know about the web site, but our daughter who lives in Tamarindo made the reservations for the family....we and she and her husband and the two children. So I do not know if they are taking web reservations.

All of the "cabinas" face the volcano, with an unobstructed view, and we saw some spectacular lava flows at night. The office even called us at four in the morning for another one. (we had given permission to be awakened).

Try it, you'll like it.

usa
Level Contributor
88 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to stay

I was told by arenal springs that they have availiblity fo rthe dates and they would send me a voucher once theri computers were up. The voucher for the credit card information was send few days later and when iquired which were dates that they would be charging for - i was told they have no rooms. SO I wasted a few days. I am not sure where else to try. Please suggest.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to stay

Try Arenal Springs again and explain the misunderstanding. if the computers were down you may have been communicating with someone who did not have all the necessary information. This is quite a large complex. Be agressive and ask to speak to a manager.

Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...