We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling from la fortuna to rio celeste and tenorio river

Los Angeles...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
traveling from la fortuna to rio celeste and tenorio river

Hello,

Ill be visiting costa rica on may 22-26. We do not have much time so we really want to make the best out of our trip! We will be spending the night at alejuela on the 22nd since our flight gets to CR at 6pm. The rest of the days we will be staying at Arenal but, I'm dying to see Rio celeste and i would also love to do white water rafting at the tenorio river. Does anyone know if i can do both the rio celeste hike and the white water rafting the same day since we will be in the area for one day?

thanks for your help!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling from la fortuna to rio celeste and tenorio river

Doubtful if you can do both. The Rio Tenorio whitewater rafting trip starts at 9 and goes for 2.5 hours. Then lunch and with time for transportation,etc, you can figure on being finished around 1:30. The rangers at Tenorio National Park won't let anyone start on the hike after 2 pm - so probably not the best thing to plan. Pick one and just enjoy that one.

2. Re: traveling from la fortuna to rio celeste and tenorio river

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...