Any suggestions would be appreciated!
* Friday July 5th – arrive in SJO at 10:50 am, pick up our 4x4 (from Mapache), find somewhere for lunch and picking up some light groceries, then drive to Finca Luna Nueva. Not planning on much else that day, though it might be nice if we could get the night hike at the lodge. We’ll see how exhausted we are after traveling all day. It might just be a night to hang out at the pool.
* Saturday July 6th –morning farm tour (at the lodge), lunch in La Fortuna, then hiking at Arenal Observatory Lodge – perhaps with a guide (?)
* Sunday July 7th – 9am guided nature tour at Arenal Hanging Bridges, then hiking at Arenal Volcano National Park. Will the Arenal Hanging Bridges be too crowded if we make a reservation and use the guides from there? If it’s likely to be crowded, then we’ll want to skip it.
* Monday July 8th -- Canopy Tour then hot springs, frog farm, etc at Los Lagos. Maybe the night rainforest guided hike at Finca Luna Nueva.
* Tuesday July 9th – we have the 1:00 volunteer tour booked at Proyecto Asis. My boys can’t wait! We might just chill out at the lodge in the morning. Any suggestions for a lunch spot between our lodge and Proyecto Asis?
* Wednesday July 10th – checking out and driving up to Bijagua and Casitas Tenorio. What’s on the way between these two locations? Or should we just drive up and check out their farm and relax?
Are we missing anything? Canyoning looks like so much fun – but that won't happen on this trip We had looked into Venado Caves, but I don’t think we’ll have time and I don’t want to overbook. I will be posting our tentative agenda for our other locations in the appropriate forums (Bijagua, Papagayo, Alajuela). Thanks for any suggestions. :-)