We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nayara Tours - Which to take?

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Nayara Tours - Which to take?

I'm having a hard time choosing which trips to book through Nayara. We will be there for 3 nights and definitely want to zip line and go to the hot springs. I'd like to make it to a waterfall also, whether it be Rio Celeste or Arenal.

We booked a package that includes Eco Termales, Hanging Brides and Safari on Penas Blancas River, but are able to swap these trips for other ones.

They offer a Combo Tour that includes Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Volcano & Tabacon Hot Springs - but it's kind of pricey. They also offer an Arenal Hike & Hot Springs, but the description does not include the waterfall.

They also have a Rio Celeste trip, but the descriptions says it's a long and difficult hike for people in excellent physical shape - which I am not.

Has anyone taken these tours with Nayara and can let me know where exactly you go on them? If the Arenal Hike & Springs includes a stop at the waterfall, I'd book that one over the more expensive Combo Tour, since we already have a hanging bridges through the Romantic package.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

You can book the tours direct with travel services providers...most of the time hotels tours are more expensive...or they will not give ypu any kind of break...

Roadadvisor..

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

The package that includes Eco Termales, Hanging Brides and Safari on Penas Blancas Riverare all amazing! If you want to go to the Rio Fortuna waterfall just take a taxi there (and back), you don't need a tour to see it. And yes, Rio Celeste is a big hike and the hanging bridges is a good option (and so much closer)! Enjoy...you're staying in a beautiful hotel with the best customer service and food around! :-) Enjoy!!!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

We've stayed at Nayara and liked it, but we booked all of our own tours through Desafio and Sunset Tours. If Nayara doesn't have what you want, then you might check those. They both have good websites. Agree with Villa that you don't need a tour for the waterfall; we just took a taxi there, and we called him for a pick up when we were through. They let us use the phone at the front desk to call. Rio Celeste will involve a lot more travel and hiking time than La Fortuna waterfall.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

Thanks everyone!

How far of a drive to get to the La Fortuna waterfall? And how much will that taxi ride cost?

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

I thought of another question. We will only be there for 2.5 days, 3 nights. Are the times listed on the tours the times we leave and arrive at Nayara or the duration of the tour from when you get to the destination? I'm wondering if we will have time to do 2 tours in one day, one in the 8AM slot and the other in the 1PM or 3PM slot. Although, I think that may be a little exhausting, I definitely want to spend some time on our beautiful deck at some point too.

6. Re: Nayara Tours - Which to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 04, 2014