We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in Arenal

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arlington
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tours in Arenal

I will be in La Fortuna at the end of December and would like to book one or two tours. We are a group of 4. 2 or 3 of us would like to zipline and 1 or 2 would like to rappel. We also want to hike at the volcano, go to the Tabacon springs, and possibly visit the hanging bridges. If anyone has particular suggestions for tours (we've been looking at Desafio and others) I would appreciate it. I don't have a good understanding of if would be better to hike and do Tabacon one day, ziplining and rappeling one day, or combine all of the adventure activities and spend a day at Tabacon... Thank you!

Memphis, Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Tours in Arenal

I just want to second the recommendation by Bretta for Erick Guzman at www.tarabatours.com. We met him for a tour of Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna waterfalls and a night hike at El Silencio Mirador. He spotted so many things that we would have just walked by, and he is very knowledgeable about the area, and it just made the whole experience so much better than it would have been on our own.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tours in Arenal

CLW07

We didn't have a choice when we booked, it was in a set order at a set start time, however it appeared to be that way because of the SkyWalk+.

Because that takes 3-3.5hrs and in Costa Rica it starts to get dark early (4pm dusk) you have to start the combo in the morning. Ours was a 9am start (we self-drove), with the hike finishing about 12.15pm. We had 15-20 mins relaxing time (there's a coffee shop/restaurant with some excellent views) before being harnessed up, taken up the SkyTram to the ziplines, given our safety talk and then commencing the SkyTrek about 1.30pm. Depending on group size this could take anywhere between 45 mins and 2hrs. We were just under 90 mins from memory, so finishing up around 3pm.

I'm purely speculating but, whilst they may sometimes start a little later, I doubt they'd do things the other way round as, god forbid, if someone got hurt/injured on the walk (e.g. twisted ankle) it will be a lot easier/less stressful getting them out when there's several hours of daylight left as opposed to just one or two.

Malmo, Sweden
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Tours in Arenal

CLW07, I had a look at their website and Sky Adventures does the "Full Combo" at 7, 8, 9 and 11:30am.

14. Re: Tours in Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 17, 2013