We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Arenal

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
2 days in Arenal

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the activities not too miss in Arenal just after Xmas but I also want to avoid the obvious and the crowds...

Questions:

1. Are the hanging bridges (http://www.hangingbridges.com) the same hanging bridges visited during the sky trek?

2. Is the rafting at el toro river recomended at this time of the year?

3. What are the best activities by night? Are the treks to see the lava flows a thing just to catch tourists?

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards.

Aline

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Arenal

There's no lava currently flowing, so you can't trek to see it. The Hanging Bridges are not the same as what they have at Sky Trek. They're next to the Lost Iguana. For don't miss, I'd say zipline at Sky Trek, hike the waterfall, visit the natural hot springs, and if you had more time, Cano Negro. We did our rafting on the Sarapiqui and had a lot of fun.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Arenal

Balsa river and Toro Amarillo...OK rafting trips...for the best rafting in Costa Rica of course PACUARE!

Good idea to rent a car in Arenal and find good nice tours that you do not need a tour guide...some tours like the night volcano lava tour is a complete ripp off!

roadadvisor

3. Re: 2 days in Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 18, 2013