We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

Chesapeake, Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

My husband, two adult sons and I will be traveling to Costa Rica for the first time this Christmas season. One son loves surfing and spearfishing and the other likes to explore and play golf. My husband is a fishing fanatic who also loves golfing. We would like to stay at a reasonably priced beachfront hotel or 2-bedroom condo where the surfing is good. We were looking at the Best Western in Jaco beach, but I have heard so many negative things about that area, I am scared now. Can anyone please help us plan our trip with hotel suggestions and the best beach communities for surfing? We must book two rooms if we stay at a hotel so I need something reasonably priced. We would like to stay somewhere that has all of their favorite activities too. Any suggestions??? I like places with a nice pool, Tiki bar and fun atmosphere and I also enjoy shopping and modern conveniences. HELP!!!

Thank you in advance of your response.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,280 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

Ooops a dupe

luis

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

huh? Is this someone promoting their own hotel? LOL!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

Luis and Jammyisme...what makes you think this is a dupe?

To sparetime, while Jaco is not the best area in Costa Rica, it does have a lot of activities and is safe if you use common sense. The only other suggestion I would have is to go further south to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa...but no golf there. The is golf and surf even further north but then you are going to be 4 or 5 hours from San Jose.

Chesapeake, Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

Thanks Allylam for your suggestions. I am not promoting nothing, I just am trying to find a nice beachfront location to please everyone in my family. I understand that this might not be easy because it is peak season when we are travelling and I am now limited to what is still available. I appreciate any suggestions to help me. Thanks.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

Rent a condo in Tamrindo, lots of great surfing spots in every variety in the area,

golfing at Hacienda Pinilla.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

If you are looking for great golf and things to do around - Marriott Los Suenos.

7. Re: First time to Costa Rica...HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 07, 2012