We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary - 12 days

LOS ANGELES
4 posts
Save Topic
Help with itinerary - 12 days

I have the following itinerary and would like some feedback for my family of 5 with kids ages 15, 11,10 for the end of December. I have all the accomodations and air travel booked with the exception of the last night near SJ/airport.

Fly into SJ and fly on to Porto Jimenez. Stay 5 nights in Matapalo exploring nature and very little else. Fly back to SJ the morning of day 6 and rent a car and drive (or taxi) via the coastal route to Manuel Antonio. 2 nights in Man Antonio. Drive (or taxi)the mountain route??? to Peace Lodge (day 8) for one night then return car in Alajuela and taxi to Arenal on Day 9 (do we need a car there?). Spend 3 nights in Arenal at Tabacon Resort(then taxi to somewhere close to SJ and Airport to allow us to spend a day in SJ and then get to the airport the following afternoon. We wanted another night in Arenal but they were booked-so we have a night to spend somewhere before we fly out and figured we could spend 1 1/2 days in SJ.

Comments-suggestions?

1. Re: Help with itinerary - 12 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:52 am, November 19, 2005
Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary - 12 days

First of all, you chose your destinations like a pro! Matapalo is a beautiful area full of wildlife, you will get to see lots of macaws and monkeys. Visit Corcovado National Park and take a boat tour on the Golfo Dulce to see dolphins and possibly whales. Manuel Antonio and it's surrounding areas are also a fantastic place, great for the kids. This area is a very cozy tourist destination with good food and beautiful beaches. Visit Manuel Antonio National Park. Tabacon resort is the most popular tourist destination and you will love the thermal baths! San Jose does not have a lot to offer but you may visit the Britt Coffee Tour, the INBIO park, the Children's Museum and there are plenty of dinning options. Escazu in San Jose is a very nice and upscale area with good shopping. Plenty of exquisite dinning options in Plaza Iskatzu, I recommend you guys staty at the Courtyard Marriot. Pura Vida and enjoy your trip...

los angeles
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary - 12 days

Thanks for the info. I'm feeling a little more confident that I haven't made a mess of it!

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary - 12 days

You did well, just be cautious while driving in Costa Rica since the roads are highly deteriorated due to the heavy hurricane season. Enjoy your trip!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinerary - 12 days

I agree...the itinerary is a good one. One suggestion for your last night...consider the Hotel Gran Costa Rica in downtown SJ. It is centrally located in a fairly safe area bit pme rea;;u gets a fee;omg pf historical CR. The rooms are spacious and the service is excellent.