We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip line tours

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Zip line tours

I am wondering if the zip line tours have any significant jarring when landing on the platforms. Has anyone got any feedback for a person with a back issue as far as landing or jarring or anything that could be a problem.

Thanks

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
638 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip line tours

My husband has a significant back issue (as well as being afraid of heights!!!). I convinced him to try the ziplines in Monteverde. While he made it thru, he probably won't try it again. Not because of any issues he had with his back, it was definitely the "heights" thing. For the most part, there are guides at the beginning and end of each zip line. The only significant jarring would result from going into the landing too fast. The guides do have a stopper but you can get bounced pretty good if you hit it too hard, going too fast.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip line tours

There are usually different levels of difficulty - or at least that was true in Monteverde. I was told the Original Canopy Tour Company was best for those looking for a 'strenuous' tour and was better with people who required special handling. My 3 friends did one of the 'best' adventurous ones and it was a bit much and they're in excellent condition. I think it was the last 35" 'tarzan swing' that got them.

baltimore, md
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip line tours

any zip lining suggestions for Jaco area?

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip line tours

Sorry, that was'less strenuous' for Original Canopy. Makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip line tours

crgirl: In Quepos (one hour south of Jaco), try Canopy Safari 777-0100. Not sure if there is one in Jaco, but if not here's info for this area.

Lisa in Manuel Antonio

San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip line tours

Hello CRgirl there is a place called water fall canopy tour is located just south of Jaco and can book it all over Jaco

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zip line tours

Can anyone recommend a good zip line tour in Monteverde? Also, any thoughts on whether it's best to do a zip tour in Monteverde as opposed to Arenal or Manuel Antonio? Thanks!

Orlando
Level Contributor
31 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zip line tours

I took a zip line tour up at Lago de Cote (above Nuevo Arenal)

It was not at all jarring for this 55+. also included some interesting folk tour thru a small Guatuso Indian Reserve. Lovely area, very cool and green...VERY FEW people! Good luck, you'll love it!

Orlando
Level Contributor
31 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zip line tours

I took a zip line tour up at Lago de Cote (above Nuevo Arenal)

It was not at all jarring for this 55+. also included some interesting folk tour thru a small Guatuso Indian Reserve. Lovely area, very cool and green...VERY FEW people! Good luck, you'll love it!

California
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zip line tours

Thanks everyone for feedback. Earlybrass you have been great with your feedback. I was wondering about the "strenous" part and then you said "less" later. !!!!!Thanks Will keep this feedback going for my husband so he can decide.