We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Tours/Day Trips

chicago
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Tours/Day Trips

We are going to the Arenal area for the first time in late January - staying at Hotel Lomas del Volcan.

If we are interested in doing a tour or day trip (e.g. zip line, canyoning, hiking tour) is this something we need to arrange in advance? Or can we decide what we are in the mood for, say, the night before book that day?

Thanks!

Pura Vida Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
Arenal Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Tours/Day Trips

Some times ...and some tours ...are booked for some specific times and days...I will try to book in adavnce...for example a visit to some of the Hot Springs...

Luis Road Advisors

Just buckle up and enjoy the NAVIDAD in paradise!!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Tours/Day Trips

I would add to this that it's better to do your research online and make your own decision about what tours you'd like to do. I was just in CR myself, and I found that I couldn't really get helpful information about what to do once I was down there. Everyone is somehow tied to certain companies (most people probably get kick-backs of some sort for recommending certain companies and not others), so my most successful things were the ones I pre-booked because I read about them on Trip Advisor. We did not have luck with the random trips/tours we found.

boston
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Tours/Day Trips

We are going in Feb. and are staying at the Lomas Del Volcan as well. We just finished booking our tours on line through Desafio's website(Arenal Hike and Repelling) and through Arenal.net (Eco Termales Hot Springs and Sky Trek). Both were easy to deal with online and just require some faxed information. These tours are very popular and so we decided to book in advance. Any Questions just ask.

4. Re: Booking Tours/Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 17, 2009