We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Playa Conchal and Costa Rican Trails

Italy
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Playa Conchal and Costa Rican Trails

Hi everyone! I am so excited reading all of your comments and suggestions! My fianc�� and I are planning our honeymoon in Costa Rica from 16-23 August. We were hesitating to book Paradisus Playa Conchal because we want it to be relaxing (it doesn't seem so relaxing from some comments!) and I also want to see monkeys and other animals which I heard happens more at hotels like Cala Luna, Punta Islita and Makanda by the Sea. We love the idea of all-inclusive though and don't want to switch hotels since we will only be there a week. Any ideas?

Also, we were thinking of using Costa Rican Trails and I was wondering if anyone has used them. Their price for Paradisus Playa Conchal seems to beat all other prices. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal and Costa Rican Trails

I think the Paradisus can be very relaxing. It is what you make it! If you want to find fun you will, but if you want to relax you can do that too. There isn't a nicer resort in Costa Rica. I saw monkeys twice during our week stay. A lot of people said they saw them every morning up by the Royal Suites. I did not get up early enought to see them there. One nice thing about the Paradisus is they offer a free tour to the Monkey Park. It is an animal rescue center and they take you there (its about 20min ride) and you get a tour of the facility and they actually let you in the cages with some of the animals. I got to hand-feed a Tucan, pet a baby porcupine, get in the cages with the monkeys, hold baby squirrels, and I also held a baby Ocelot. It was wonderful.