We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

I am about to book a weeks vacation at Premier Fiesta Resort in early February but I am concerned as a lot of the reviews talk about extensive bug problems. I am wondering what to expect at that time of year

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

No see em's mostly in the early mornings and at dusk. Just spray yourself with repellent before walking the beach in the mornings and at sunset.

Not as many mosquitoes this time of year and they are smaller than what you find in Belleville or Shannonville areas.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

Thanks Papagayo, appreciate the info. That puts my mind at ease.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

Guanacaste beaches with out "PURRUJAS" is not Guanacaste!!

Luis Road advisors.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

moncton
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

Your going during there dry season, so you may get the odd bug here and there but other then that you'll be fine! I brought loads of bugs spray when I went last year (end of February) and didn't even open the new bottle once! But if you do go more into the cloud forest, it is very humid out there so you may want to put some on there. I didn't go on that tour but know people who did and they experienced lots of bugs.

toronto
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

We were at the resort at the end of last December. I too was concerned about bugs before I left. You will need to use bugspray at night and at dusk. Take vitamin B 1 (100MGS) per day for a month before you go.It seems to help make you less appealing to no see ums. Having done those things I had no problems with biting insects. By the way, the resort is wonderful. Have a great time!

Cold in Canada

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

Since February will be more into their dry season than December, I would think less bugs, however, bring insect repellent just in case. I just returned from CR this past Saturday (stayed at the Occidental Grand) and the bugs ate me alive at night!! My feet and ankles are covered in bites and they ITCH like nothing I've ever felt before...I'm still scratching lol. Oh and they leave these nasty dark red marks too. I look diseased :(

moncton
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

This is my personal point of view and my experience at the Premier Fiesta Resort.......To both from Toronto, like I mentioned I went at the end of February beginning of March and it was dry season and never had any problems with the bugs during the day or evening, however if you do go venturing more into the wet cloud forest were it is very moist, there are more bugs there. I never took any vitamins or used my bugs spray druing my whole stay. The other couple that came with me got eating alive when they went on the Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour. I'm glad I didn't go....:) No itching or scratching for me during my whole stay in Costa Rica!!!!

If you do go now, your still in there wet season and YES there are loads of bugs, the locals told me that last year from early May until end of November is there wet season and you will get rain on some parts of the day. I had sunshine everyday that I went and absolutely NO RAIN and it was +38 to +42 c. every day....very hot! But anyways, with all the global warning and weird weather that we are having all over the world, I'm not surprised that the seasons may change over the years!!! Right now they are having Tropical Storm Olga going over the Caribean and usually storms are over in November........

8. Re: Bugs at Premier Fiesta Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 15, 2009