We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poas volcano - safety with items in car

San Diego
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poas volcano - safety with items in car

Thinking about driving up to see Poas since we get in really early from the airport - before driving to Dominical. We'll have all of our luggage and a surfboard in our SUV. Do we have to worry about theft at 8 am on top of Poas - should one of us stay behind while the rest hike the short trails then take turns? We've traveled to Costa Rica before and we're very careful about not leaving items in our car - just wondering about that area since it's on top of a mountain.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poas volcano - safety with items in car

You should be fine but you just never know. If you have been here before than you know that CR has its "Hot Spots" for this kind of crime. I certainly would not call Poas a hot spot.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poas volcano - safety with items in car

Great Parking lot attendats at the Park...just be sure to mention to them that you are leaving itmes at your car...I drive my cars there many times...I always talk to them and so far so good!

roadadvisor

cape town
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poas volcano - safety with items in car

The entire Poas area is very safe.

I have left my keys in the ignition with the door unlocked overnight, never an issue up here.

4. Re: Poas volcano - safety with items in car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Poas Volcano National...