We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

Traveling to CR for the first time and planning on staying in Arenal area for 3 nights before heading to Dominical area for remainder of trip. Can't decide whether to stay at Lost Iguana or Volcano Lodge. My husband and I are traveling with our 2 teens. Any advice on one over the other? Also taking suggestions for fun adventures for us and our teens!!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

I stayed at Lost Iguana in January with my boyfriend. It's an amazing hotel with beautiful rooms, grounds and views.. but can be a bit quiet. Very romantic. Cut off from the rest of La Fortuna, so no where for teens to escape. Not sure if that helps?

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

Lost Iguana is located near the lake, around 20 minutes drive to town. The grounds are beautiful, rooms are nice, plenty of wildlife and the views to the volcano are outstanding.

Volcano Lodge is also nice. They just added hot springs and it is located around 8 minutes from town. They also have good views. I don't care for the motel style rooms. Others rave about it, but I personally do not see the draw versus other similar hotels in the area. I should add that I have not been there in a couple years, so they may have improved the rooms in that time.

Edited: 10:07 am, March 30, 2014
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
110 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

I chose a place closer to town so my kids ( teens early twenties) would have things they could do on their own ( shopping, restaurants within walking distance) - however we do not travel until May so I can't give you first hand review on that yet. It is a rental apartment that can sleep up to 7.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

I am in the situation, have two teens and would like be close to activities that are in walking distance or short taxi drive. Which place did you decide? Thanks and have a great time in May! We travel there in August .

5. Re: Lost Iguana vs Volcano Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2015