We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

I am going to be volunteering in San Ramon. I have Friday, Sat, Sunday off so thought I would go to

La Fortuna one weekend. I am not in a wheelchair but would not be hiking etc. I am not sure if there are any tours that are more viewing than walking. Any ideas?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

You could try some of the boating tours. There are boat trips on Lake Arenal as well as a Twilight Float trip that is great. Costa Ricans are very helpful people, in general, and you'll have no problems getting someone to help you on and off the boats.

Also - various hotels have their own trail systems that you can explore at your leisure. Two of them are Arenal Observatory Lodge and Arenal Oasis.

You can also visit Proyecto Asis - a wildlife rehabilitation center. A lot of walking - but there are chairs here and there where you can rest.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

Gracias Hattie.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

A good option for you...Carara National Park...they offer some great trails for handicap people....lovely trails...and you will see a lot of birds...etc...and really not that far from San Ramon...and you will see Cocodriles at Tarcoles river...check Hotel Cerro Lodge...great place for bird watchers...

roadadvisor

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

You are WELCOME!

Merry Xmas..

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

Good recommendations above. I would also add Arenal Natura to the list: http://www.arenalnatura.com/

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

interesting. I think I will have a day and a half. I just have to wait to get ok from the volunteer coorinator

8. Re: la fortuna area for someone with a disabilty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 20, 2014