We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi boat taxi question

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
taxi boat taxi question

This is probable a really stupid question, but when I began looking into getting a taxi boat taxi booking, I noticed on one of the adverts that most if not all of the people in the picture had a back pack type of luggage and the road to and from the boat seemed muddy. Is a back pack more suitable than a regular wheely type of suit case? Does it matter? Any advice, once again, most appreciated.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi boat taxi question

Backpack has always worked better for me when traveling in Costa Rica.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi boat taxi question

Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the companies providing this service? One was more expensive than the others and I'm wondering if it is worth the difference. Thankyou.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi boat taxi question

They all provide the same service. You cannot "roll" your suitcase down to the boat...it's some cement and rocks so something that you can pick up (even if it still has wheels) will work better. :-) Enjoy...it's a beautiful ride across the lake!

Edited: 9:09 pm, October 17, 2013
Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi boat taxi question

I used to travel with backpack only but now I decide depending on the trip I do. For the lake crossing, a backpack is handier as you will have to get on and off the boat in an area with rocks. As long as you can lift and carry your suitcase, I would not worry.

Price wise there should not be a big difference between the providers. They offer all the same. Try Desafio or Eagle Tours. We had good experiences with both.

Enjoy this transfer, it is really scenic.

5. Re: taxi boat taxi question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 20, 2014