We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

Hi, I will be going to CR in March 2014 and have to book within the next couple of weeks. Was wondering if my thoughts were the best ones: Stay in the small town of La Fortuna and do excursions from there, or stay somewhere outside of town? I like a variety of restaurants and bars, plus a little shopping to wind down from a long day of activities, plus being a solo female traveler, I feel it might be safer. Any thoughts please?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

LA Fortuna is a safe little town...some great options to stay...all kinds of budgets...I like Hotel LAfortuna nice clean rooms...right in the middle of town...some totally out of the way B and B nice but getting In or Out without a cr is not nice or cheap...agree with you stay as close as you can from downtown...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

Agreed on Hotel la Fortuna. Decent place with a good price, location and service.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

That's three for Hotel La Fortuna. Very centrally located and easy to walk around town.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

Thank you for the recent replies. I also saw Hotel Las Colinas and San Bosco. Are those decent or is Hotel La Fortuna better? I need some quiet at night so if younger wilder people tend to got o the bigger hotel, I should probably avoid it.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

My vote still remains with Hotel la Fortuna. Las Colinas is nice for the price as well. San Bosco has the advantage of a swimming pool, but the hotel is dated.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

Yes Hotel La Fortuna...I have nothing to do with them...but when we have to drive early in the morning from LA Fortuna ...we stay there and people have had been incredible nice...the upper floors are great and for a centrally located hotel is nice and not noisy...at all...

roadadvisor

7. Re: Solo Adventure Traveler to la Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 31, 2014