We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with hot springs or not?

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with hot springs or not?

I am still debating between hotels and have narrowed down my search to two hotels with hot springs (around $130 per nights) and two without hot springs (around $85 per night) in late November. I think it would be nice to just sit and relax in hot springs in the evenings after a busy day of adventure. Or do most people not really take advantage every day as the springs get closed for the evenings, or too many bugs, or any other reason. For a 5 night stay the difference in price would be about $200. Thoughts?

Tilaran, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
564 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

We loved our stay at El Silencio del Campo last October. They have 4 hot springs with different water temperature. It was quiet when we were there. I especially enjoyed sitting in the hot spring, listening to the birds and inhaling the fragrance of the flowers from the gentle breeze. Didn't have any bug problem (I'm like an all-you-can-eat buffet for mosquitoes) .

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

Which hotels, would be a start?

Canada
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

I like having hot spring on site because it is nice to have the ability to take a quick soak whenever you feel like it. The entry fees at the fancy ones are so expensive that you feel obligated to stay there for hours which is usually too much for me, although nice to try once.

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

David E, my choices are:

Lomas Del Volcan ($88 per night)

Volcano Lodge Garden ($84 per nigh)

Mountain Paradise ($136 per night)

Arenal Springs ($128 per night)

El Silencio ($126 per night)

Forest, Virginia
Level Contributor
61 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

Would definitely recommend El Silencio. We enjoyed having the hot springs on site, and liked relaxing in them after a day of excursions.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

Personally I think El Silencio would be worth the extra cost.

However if you're budget conscious (as we were when visiting last November) you could try Montana de Fuego? Nice little hotel, good price and has it's own hot springs which, whilst not big or busy, we found quite lovely still.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

Of the hotels you list, I agree that El Silencio would be my choice. That said, I normally stay at Los Lagos, if money is the primary concern. It has several hot pools and the final stop for the flowing water is the swim up bar pool. There is much to do on the site as well as a free included breakfast buffet, The rooms are basic, but clean.

katy,Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

no question with.end of day walk to springs is great

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,390 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

For a really local experience Silencio del Campo!

Run and own by 100% costaricans!!

roadadvisor

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with hot springs or not?

I vote for a hotel with hot springs! We stayed at El Silencio 4 years ago and loved it. It was so peaceful to hang out there after a day of activities. We're going back this winter with some family members, and even though their prices are now over my budget, I just can't say no. I'll cut somewhere else. I absolutely have to stay here again. And I know my family will love it as much as my hubby and I did. Good luck.

Brenda