We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private horseback tours

Fort Worth, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Private horseback tours

We will be staying in the Arenal area (Springs Resort) and I'm wondering if there are any private horse tour operators in the area? Don't want to do the follow-the-leader trails. Very experienced rider and would like to be free to roam and run and see the real Costa Rica.

Maryland
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Private horseback tours

I'll second leaves and lizards. I think they're 10 or so minutes up the road from the springs if I'm not mistaken. The owners and were really nice and helpful and the guys on the ride itself were great and accomodated the experienced riders in our group and those of us that weren't :) I'd be surprised if they couldn't come up with something for you.

Lakeville, MN
Level Contributor
83 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Private horseback tours

leaves and lizards would be my vote as well. We spoke to others who did the nose to tail rides on no well cared for horses. Leaves and Lizards has horses that are very well taken care of and the owners will make sure you know your horse before you take off to your very own private waterfall!!

13. Re: Private horseback tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 29, 2014