We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cash

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
cash

We are going for ten days. How much cash should we bring to start off since it looks like everything required cash payments? I know there are atms but how reliable are they? I'm also concerned about carrying too much cash.

Huntsville, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cash

Its a debit card linked into the VISA system(again its not a credit card).Lots of places take credit cards but not debit therefore you tell the merchant to process it like a VISA and money comes out of your bank account. The debit card has a funny looking VISA symbol on it. I have credit cards for back up and use debit (money I have) instead of money I dont. Just the way I like to do business.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cash

Not so much anymore, but you can always go inside bank and teller will help you with transaction. Dress appropriately and bring your passport for this.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: cash

I will be sure to bring small US bills.

14. Re: cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2014