We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage/Spa at Hotel vs. Alternative

Atlanta
Level Contributor
216 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Massage/Spa at Hotel vs. Alternative

I have splurged and am staying at a couple of great hotels both Nayara and Hotel Royal Corine. That said, I would like to avoid the incredibly high price of the hotel spa experience. Can anyone suggest a reputable, clean, great spa in the Arenal/La Fortuna area where I can get a bargain on spa services or at least a massage??

I would consider the hotel spa experience but they really are so expensive.

If one of those hotels has a spa that I just can't skip, let me know and I will consider it.

Thanks,

David

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage/Spa at Hotel vs. Alternative

Nayara is absolutely amazing...spend the money there for at least one "great spa experience". If you you just want a basic massage after a long day of hiking, go to La Fortuna and you can find massages for $25...no comparison to the "feel" of the spa but the lady who does massages here also goes to the big hotels so she's great...here's where to go: Angels' by La Cascada-across from Banco Nacional. Note that you will probably have to stop by and arrange for an appointment vs. just showing up. Enjoy your time in our lovely little town!!!

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage/Spa at Hotel vs. Alternative

BTW: How was hotel Royal Corine?

3. Re: Massage/Spa at Hotel vs. Alternative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 19, 2014