We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proyecto Asis

Cali
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Proyecto Asis

Is Proyecto Asis better in the morning or afternoon, or does it matter? We are really looking forward to the tour and volunteering!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Proyecto Asis

They'll even let you hold some of the animals. I got to hold a big raccoon that laid in my arms like a big chubby baby.

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Proyecto Asis

We are planning to visit/volunteer at Proyecto ASIS in April (2 adults/4 teens).

However, my parents will be with us and are not really interested in the full 3 hour tour/volunteer. Is there another site/activity that would be good for them to visit that is nearby? I think Proyecto ASIS is about a 45 minute drive from La Fortuna, but I am not exactly sure which direction.

We will be staying at Hotel el Silencio del Campo.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
291 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Proyecto Asis

Huckle:

You are right. Proyecto Asis is about 45 mins drive fro La Fortuna. What we did was drive from San Jose to Proyecto Asis for the 1 pm volunteering tour (review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g309226-d1231711-Reviews-Proyecto_Asis-La_Fortuna_de_San_Carlos_Arenal_Volcano_National_Park_Province_of_A.html) and the proceeded onwards to La Fortuna. We were staying at Hotel el Silencio del Campo as well!

Unfortunately, there isn't much to do around Proyecto Asis so it's going to be hard for your parents to spend that time. Why don't you leave them at the hotel?

La Fortuna
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Proyecto Asis

Call Don Alvaro owner of Proyecto Asis 506 2475 9121

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Proyecto Asis

How long does it take to get from SJO airport to Proyecto Asis? I would like to understand what time I would have to leave to get there in time for the 8am tour. Thanks!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Proyecto Asis

It's about 3 hours, more or less.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Proyecto Asis

What is the most reasonable and reliable way to get to/from Tabacon to Proyecto Asis for the morning tour? How long is the ride to PA?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Proyecto Asis

As others have said, it's about 30 to 45 minutes - probably more like 45 minutes from Tabacon.

If you go to their website, Proyecto Asis has excellent directions.

When you go into La Fortuna, you will need to turn right to avoid going down the one-way street the wrong way. Then turn left at the next intersection and just follow that highway according to the directions on the website.

19. Re: Proyecto Asis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 22, 2014