We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco termales hot springs

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
114 posts
360 reviews
Save Topic
Eco termales hot springs

After reading reviews on the forum, I think my husband and I would enjoy Eco termales rather than Tabacon. We are staying in Playa Flamingo and would drive to the area, spending the night. Not being familiar with this area, what hotels/inns are located near these hot springs? I understand that we might need to make reservations at the springs. We would be possibly going the beginning of March. Suggestions welcome!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Hotel El Silencio del Campo is close and they might help you prebooking a tour there and yes booking is recomended because they only allow 100 people to be at the eco termales.

Tilaran, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
559 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco termales hot springs

I stayed at El Silencio del Campo. Very nice hotel and good food. It's about 5 mins walk to Eco Termales. They also have their own hot spring in the resort.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Another vote for El Silencio del Campo!!! We loved it there and used their hot springs as well as Eco Termales. Great breakfast! We did the night session at the hot spring and it was so cool, there were Howler Monkeys in the trees and when it got dark, the bats came out and flew above us!

We booked Eco Termales through this site and it worked great, just make sure to print your vouchers and take them with you

arenal.net/tour/eco-thermales-hot-springs/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Here their website if you want to have a closer look http://www.hotelsilenciodelcampo.com/

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Silencio del Campo is a good choice. Keep in mind they also have the added benefit of having their own hot spring pool on the property as well. Other hotels in the area with hot springs include Arenal Springs Resort, Royal Corin, Tabacon, The Springs, Arenal Paraiso, Kioro, Los Lagos and Kokoro.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
877 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eco termales hot springs

If I understand your question correctly, you are planning on going to Tabacon hot springs. I assume that you realize that there is a hotel right there at Tabacon. When you book your room here, the admittance to the Tabacon hot springs is free, and you can come and go as you please. They use to just allow you to book one night, but I think that they only allow for two night stays now. For cheaper alternatives, there is always Los Lagos, which has it's own hot pools on site with Eco Termales just down the street. If you have definately made up you mind to go to Tabacon hot springs, you should check with the hotel to see if you could get a one night reservation.

San Jose Metro...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eco termales hot springs

If you want to have a completely natural experience you should visit Tabacon they have several pools and the water flows directly from the Volcano! I think you can book one night and you will have free access to the hot springs.

PA
Level Contributor
114 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Thanks for all your responses . We will most likely book at Hotel el Silencio. Sounds like the type of place that we would like.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eco termales hot springs

Great choice...El Silencio...own by same Hidalgo family that also owns Eco Termales...great humble costarican family...lovely people...

roadadvisor

10. Re: Eco termales hot springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2014