We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Hi!! I am trying to decide between these 3 hotels to stay in the arenal area:

http://www.tabacon.com/

http://springscostarica.com/

http://www.arenalnayara.com/

Have any of you stayed at one of these and which one do you think is better?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Arenal Nayara would be my choice. It is luxurious while maintaining natural surroundings and providing the feeling of a Costa Rican experience.

That said The Springs and Tabacon are both nice, especially when you consider they each have hot springs.

The hot springs at Tabacon are the best in the area, but their rooms could use a face lift to match the price.

The Springs Resort also has nice hot springs, but the best qualities there are the rooms and resort amenities.

Edited: 5:36 pm, September 28, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

My first choice...Arenal Nayara...then Tabacon...really not impress at all about the other one..to far to much fiber glass!!

roadadvisor

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Thank you!!!!

Do you know if the Nayara also has hot springs like the other two?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

No they do not have Hot Springs on site...very close to Eco Termales...no more than 5 minutes by car!

roadadvisor

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

I missed the first post! Thank you explorinCA!

So I think the ideal thing to do is to stay at the Nayara or Springs and do a day tour to Tabacon right?

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Personally, I would stay at Nayara and visit Tabacon for hot springs. Eco Termales is also nice. If you stay at The Springs, there is no need for Tabacon.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

We've stayed at Nayara and The Springs, and we've visited Tabacon. I would hands down recommend The Springs. It's a gorgeous property with 18 natural hot springs and the added benefit of being right on the beautiful Arenal River where they offer their Club Rio activities like tubing, kayaking, horseback riding, etc. Nayara is beautiful but felt rather small and confined to us because their grounds are limited. Also at Nayara we could hear our neighbors talking while The Springs felt more private. We liked visiting Tabacon, but it was crowded when we were there and not as new as the other two. If you stay at The Springs, there's not much need to visit any other place with hot springs. The service at The Springs was also impeccable. All of the staff knew us by name and room number and really went out of their way to make our stay incredible.

Annapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

Nayara!! It is truly a wonderful hotel. Top notch everything! I would definitely recommended visiting the hot springs at Tabacon as well. We went at night and it was one of the most amazing experiences of our entire trip.

Edited: 9:24 am, October 03, 2012
9. Re: The Springs, Tabacon or Nayara Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...