We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stops on the way to La Fortuna

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Stops on the way to La Fortuna

We have a private driver taking us from San Jose to La Fortuna. Any suggestions for stops along the way for photo ops and lunch?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

You may get some suggestions here but I would trust your driver to know the best places to stop for food, drink or photos.

2. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 pm, April 24, 2012
3. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 pm, April 24, 2012
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

Keep in mind that if you have hired a private driver for your trip, he will be happy to make a few stops and stop for lunch. But don't expect he will sit happily waiting if you decide to take some kind of "side trip" where you will be involved with something for an hour or more.

I would ask him about the great list provided by gourmetguy but don't expect he is your personal chauffeur for the whole day without paying extra.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
665 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

We took the route described by Gourmet Guy; we really wanted to stop in Sarchi and see the oxcarts being painted. We took some photos in Zarcero & Grecia. We really enjoyed it and saw some beautiful country!! I totally agree with what Hattie says. We had Tucan Limo driving us on our long legs but I let Rosie know ahead of time of any time consuming stops/detours on each of our routes so that she could price it appropriately (and I'm sure Rosie would be happy to suggest some options if that is who you've hired, she's very helpful and knowledgeable).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

In the way to Arenal...by san Ramon...maybe a stop at San Lorenzo cloud forest for some pictures...

We drive people from SJO to Arenal in a daily basis...and we highly recommend not to eat to much along the way...since is a famous road to get car sick...amybe some photos and some fruits by Santa Clara...

roadadvisor

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

I'd like to see the post by Gourmet Guy - does anyone know how I can find it? I'm guessing it lists great restaurants in the area.

8. Re: Stops on the way to La Fortuna

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...