We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massages at spas

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Massages at spas

So I've looked at a few websites and massages (60min) seemed to be in the $80-$100 range. Now it's entirely possible it's because I'm looking at the more expensive places (Tabacon, The Springs, etc.). I don't mind splurging for a day or two on our trip, but is there anything a bit more reasonable?

For example, they advertised a day pass at Tabacon + dinner + fruit plate + massage for $175. Or is it usually easier to get better deals by just arriving and looking for deals in person?

NYC
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Massages at spas

Manuel Antonio: Not inexpensive, but superb, is the spa at the boutique luxury hotel Gaia. Set atop a hill with commanding views of the sea, hills and their private reserve, the Gaia has a terrific spa. The restaurant is wonderful with open air views, too. As a hotel it is one of the finest. The spa experience we had there does not disappoint. If staying at the hotel, you can get a significant discount and free service by booking the spa upon check-in at the hotel.

Seattle
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Massages at spas

We poked around a few places, and ended up going with Arenal Paraiso. $115 for a 1-hour couple massage for my wife and I together. It was very nice.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
574 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Massages at spas

We will be staying at Arenal Paraiso in January, maybe I will book that couples massage for us ;)

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Massages at spas

Hey Mondalo

Which package deal did you go for at Arenal Paraiso.?

Seattle
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Massages at spas

timalator: All we got at Paraiso was the couples massage. We were staying somewhere else (Volcano Lodge)

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Massages at spas

Mondalo,

I might go for the couple Massage at Paraiso deal $115. But just wanted to find out if you would reccomend someone in particular i mean the masseus at Paraiso and also was it in an outdoor or indoor setting.

Cheers

Timalator

Seattle
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Massages at spas

Since we only got one massage treatment in Costa Rica, we don't really have any comparison with others. We enjoyed it. The strength and technique was appropriate. It was in an indoor room with an open window to the outside (so sort of indoor and outdoor feeling) with soothing background music. Although you might inquire if they have an outdoor setup as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
10 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Massages at spas

It really depends on what you want, a massage or a spa experience. A good massage you can have anywhere but a spa experience... Tabacon has a wonderful location for it, if you want something more accessible you might want to try Lost Iguana Spa, there is a special for $99 and the facilities are gorgeous.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Massages at spas

Re: Angels $10 for 50 mins doesn't exist.. but their prices are still pretty low.

My hubby and I were there last Nov, 2011 and did a 1hr couples massage for $45. We were staying at Nayara and a couples massage there would've been well over $200 for the atmosphere. Right after the massage, we went back to our casita to wash up and relax. Sure, Angel's is a bit sketch but the massage was very good.

20. Re: Massages at spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 pm, June 20, 2013