We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
Level Contributor
602 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Hi Everyone, I did some research and came across someone named Giovanni next to Vienna Cafe? Does anyone have his email address? Has anyone used him as a guide? Thanks!

Bellevue WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

We have gone out on tours with Geovani during three different trips to Costa Rica. His breadth of knowledge and experience are vast, yet he maintains his sense of wonder and enthusiasm. Here is his website with contact information:

http://fortunaguide.blogspot.com/

Edited: 11:16 am, July 11, 2011
Melbourne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Yes, we had a tour tonight - he was absolutely fantastic! He offered for us to return the next morning if we weren't satisfied!!! We saw Jesus Christ lizards, a sloth, poison dart frogs and much more... Enjoy!

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

We used Giovanni / Geovani during our recent trip in Costa Rica. Indeed he is very knowledgeable and quite the nature nut!

He was amazing at spotting animals, even ones that were very, very far away. It was pretty funny as periodically he would sound out calls for various animals to help spot them.

On our walk, we spotted several tucans, sloths, various parrots, eagles, the red eyed leaf frog, a red poisonous dart frog and many others!

He's not your typical touristy guide, so I definitely recommend checking him out if you want to see the real deal

NY
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

He's a great guy and knows a lot. He loves animals and seems like he's dedicated his life to their preservation. He plants trees that support wildlife for the money you pay him. He lives in the forest without electricity and hot water. We did a night tour and maybe didn't see as many animals as we could have, but we still several different birds and frogs and we learned a lot. I guess the amount of animals you see can be hit or miss depending on the timing and things like weather, time of tour, etc.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

A fantastic guide. Lots of fun and a great character. He was very good, particularly, at finding the best photographic situations (backlighting, etc.) for the species we were seeking.

I'd recommend him as a guide without reservation!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Great that new members or with only one post are so happy ..with Giovanni..humm??

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
41 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Road advisor, you are being too cynical:) For those of you wondering about Geovani, I am a top contributor for Trip Advisor with over 100 contributions to this site in over 30 locations. Click on my name and heck out my two postings on other forum entries regarding Geovani. I highly recommend him.

Edited: 12:05 am, July 19, 2013
La Fortuna de San...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

So, my girlfriend and I did a tour with Giovanni, too.

It was awesome. We saw Tucans, (both kinds of) sloths, many different frogs (red eyed, glas, ... frogs), a lizard, a leguan, parrots ...

He has his own little reserve, too. We went there for an hour and before we walked in nature for 2 hours.

Ok, the price was higher than other night tours by big companies but we saw more animals in 10 minutes than in 2 hours of a regular tour.

Just call him: 86269348 (don't forget the number of Costa Rica in front)

or mail him and he will answer: arenalguys@gmail.com

The money he gets he uses to improve the path in his reserve or other little projects there...

just do it. You won't regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Thanks to the OP. I had read a trip report that mentioned how good Giovanni was but no reference as to how to contact him. We'll try to meet up with him in December now that I have contact info.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know Giovanni? Tour Operator in La Fortuna?

Hi, I was just looking for a place to post something about him, about Geovani Bogarin Salano. I highly recommend a tour with him. Not only is he a reasonably priced guide, but he is just so generous--with his time (you can keep on going until you see what you want, or if weather is inclement), with his knowledge (which, after 25 years, is substantial), and with his people (his 'private' path is a gift to blind and handicapped people so that they, too, may have a sensory experience of the jungle. I have a number for him that he gave me, but no email, also, it is true that as a small town, almost any tour selling place ont he main street can just call him for you. 8626 9348. Truly, one of the best things I did while in that area.