We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
279 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

I'm looking for a hotel for two nights around New Year's eve for my wife, me and our teenage daughter.

We will have a car.

El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara all look pretty good.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations about any of these hotels.

Thank you.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

We adore the Lost Iguana - it's a beautiful property with really lush pretty grounds, hiking trails, nice balconies where you can view the volcano, and we've seen lava from there several times. They have a spa, open air restaurant with volcano view, and a nice gift shop. The service is helpful and friendly. We've seen toucans on the property. it's located on the edge of town out by the lake which we like; it's right by the Hanging Bridges. We like to get the rooms that have the jacuzzi tub on the balcony.

Nayara also gets great reviews. Silencio is a simpler property, not as posh but still a good choice and closer to town.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
279 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

Thank you.

We would be getting a standard deluxe room.

Is there a particular room or location you would recommend I request.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

Nayara and Lost Iguana are the best choices for sure! Nayara is closer to the center and not as isolated. Lost Iguana is further out, but with much better views of the volcano's active side.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Bruxelles
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

I ve been to lost Iguana: during the night you can see the vulcano's activity, if it is not cloudy... Its is like a huga natural fireworks!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

I love questions like this one, you have just named my 3 favorite hotels in Arenal so hence for me it is a question with no wrong answers. If I had to pick one of the three I guess I would choose Nayara because I have stayed there the least of the three but whichever you choose you will not be disappointed.

Cheers

Inca

Edited: 2:28 pm, April 07, 2010
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

Hard to compare the three because I don't think they're really in the same category, but Silencio del Campo is wonderful. First off, it's owned and operated by a wonderful local family. I think there are only about 15 cabinas sprinkled around the gorgeous and well kept grounds. A lot of property behind to explore as well as hot springs on site. The restaurant is excellent chef gives you personal attention, like a friend! Very close and direct view of the volcano, except not on the lava flow side presently.

Good luck deciding!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

Yep, I would ask for a second floor room, just because I think that gives you more privacy and less chance of critters getting in. You might want to ask for a lower numbered room; if you get a higher numbered room, they're a hike up a steep incline although they do have a golf cart if someone needs it. I think you'd be happy with any of the properties you mentioned.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

www.lostiguanaresort.com

2nd floor room for best LAVA view

none of your others have it...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,390 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

I like Lost Iguana...but rooms at Arenal Nayara are bigger and nicer decor than Lost Iguana...I have had stayed at the two hotels many times...I think I will go for Nayara!

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your suggestions: El Silencio, Lost Iguana or Arenal Nayara

The 2 nights for 3 at Lost Iguana they've been offering is sure hard to beat!